Power of ICU FRIDAY SCHOOL = extended practice
East Fairview School believes that ALL STUDENTS CAN LEARN! In order for learning to take place, assigned work is not optional. It is the responsibility of the student to complete each assignment on time and in a manner that shows satisfactory understanding of the standard. The basic premise is that any time a student does not do their work and/or does it unsatisfactorily, their understanding of the standards needs assistance or care. In an effort to help ALL STUDENTS learn the standards, EFS has adopted the following Power of ICU (Intensive Care Unit) Procedures:
- Students will be placed on the ICU list if they have an incomplete assignment.
- Parents will be notified each time their student is placed on the list.
- Students will be mandated to attend extra practice in the morning with the teacher. Additional time during lunch or after school will be mandated as needed.
- Friday School will be mandated intervention time for extended practice needs.
- The student will be removed from the ICU list once the assignment has been turned in and demonstrates a satisfactory understanding of the standard. The parent will also be notified that the assignment has been completed.
We believe that all students can learn, given the time and help they need to succeed. ICU Friday School is a tremendous opportunity for your child to get individualized help and time to complete all assigned practice to ensure they learn the standards. Certified teachers are available on Fridays from 9:00am – Noon. If students, utilizing the school-day interventions, still have 3 missing assignments or an assignment out for 3 days on Thursday, they will be assigned to Friday School practice.
The goal of Friday School practice is to ensure that every student completes every assignment. Our mission is for each student to demonstrate proficiency in our academic standards. By completing every assignment, students are increasing their chance of learning the standard at a proficient level.
Your son/daughter has been assigned ICU Friday School for tomorrow. Please support them, and our efforts to educate them, by having them at school by 9:00 AM tomorrow.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the school. We look forward to providing your child with the time and help they need to learn the standards.